This one goes to the hardworking mothers out there.
No one ever said that Motherhood would be easy. It’s a highly demanding, full-time job that has no sick days, vacation leaves or personal time off and requires constant checking, cleaning, and cooking. For many mothers, the chores are never-ending and they keep on piling up.
Whether you are a stay-at-home Mama or a working Mom, the list of things that need to be done as soon as possible is always a priority. This includes washing dishes, changing the bedsheets, and paying the bills. Of course, cooking and feeding your always-hungry children is high up there on the priority list as well!
With so many things to do, how do mothers even accomplish everything in a single 24-hour period? No wonder mothers are called the ultimate Wonder Women endowed with the superpowers – including cape and tights – to get things done even in the most impossible situations.
But … what if you happen to be a mother, who has yet to claim her superpowers from the ocean or the heavens? How in the world can you accomplish all of those tasks especially preparing great-tasting snacks for your children?
With Christa Tuna’s easy-to-eat variants, you can always prepare tasty treats for your children in a jiffy.
Read on for tips on how to turn Christa Tuna into mouth-watering snacks that your children will love:
The Italians in Calabria call it “prupetta” or little meatballs, the wonderful circles you can find in your pasta or the addicting yummy goodness that you can just pop in your mouth whenever, wherever.
- To make these little meatballs for your children, just take a can of Christa Tuna (the Tongol variety is a must try), drain it, place in a bowl and mix with bread crumbs and some Italian spices.
- Heat up your frying pan to medium and add two teaspoons of olive oil.
- Put a small amount of the tuna mixture on your palm and squeeze it tightly until it forms a small, rounded ball. Set aside on a plate.
- Do this until all of the tuna represents small “meatballs” then place them – gently – into the heated oil and fry them all until golden brown.
- Let them rest for a few minutes on a paper towel and serve warm.
Tuna Sandwich 2.0
To make the best tuna sandwich around – you have to start with some great bread. Wheat or white bread works as long as they are fresh from the baker and sliced razor thin.
- Take a can of Christa Tuna, drain it, and place it into a mixing bowl.
- Add two egg yolks, stir well and lightly salt to taste.
- Take your mixture and cover all four corners of each slice.
- For fun, add a slice of Provolone or Mozzarella cheese, fold and enjoy.
- For extra creaminess, heat up a frying pan with a small amount of butter and when hot, cook both sides of your sandwich to a golden brown color.
Pass the angel hair (pasta) please and make it your base… after cooking your pasta, of course!
- Mix the content of one can of Christa Tuna — do not forget to drain the water — with your pasta.
- Sprinkle in a small amount of your favorite olive oil and some (or a lot!) shredded Parmesan cheese for a wonderful snack that can also be good for lunch or dinner.
Here is another treat for your children: tuna patties!
- Break up tuna in a large bowl and mix with eggs, bread crumbs (corn flakes and day-old bread work too!), corn kernels, and finely-chopped vegetables such as carrots, cooked broccoli or spinach.
- Using a spoon, form patties from the tuna mixture.
- Fry in a pan with olive oil. Make sure to cook both sides until golden brown. If your children are not allergic, peanut oil is a great alternative too!
- Place on a paper tail/towel to drain excess oil.
- Serve warm!
These patties can be done in 10 minutes and presto, you have a snack that can be eaten as it is or as a tasty patty for your tuna-burgers.
Christa Tuna endeavors to make your mealtime convenient and tasty with our different variants — Kampoeng Fried Rice Sauce, Spicy Bali Sauce, Padang Sauce Green Chili, Chunk in Vegetable Oil, and Tongol Chunk in Vegetable Oil — all made with soybean oil and guaranteed no preservatives!
We can assure you that our products are prepared and cooked with stringent sealing and sterilization process to ensure that our canned tuna is ready to eat straight from the can. We value your health and safety because we know that your family is important to you.
Enjoy making tasty snacks for your children and you can be sure that you will be rewarded with happy “thank yous” and joyful hugs.